Thursday 26 May 2011

A DAY TO REMEMBER

2/8/2010 WHAT A DAY

I had just returned home for a spot of lunch when I saw a flash in the garden, I rushed to get my camera.
                    A HUMMINGBIRD HAWK MOTH.
I got as many images as possible of this rare visitor to Lancashire as it fed on the buddleia, the visit lasted less than 3 minutes then it disappeared over the fence never to be seen again.
Long will this moment live in my memory.
A few of my images are displayed below for your enjoyment







3 comments:

geoff gradwell said...

Superb... I will now be keeping a very close eye on my Buddleia this year. (I have twice now seen a 'red' moth in my garden but unable to catch up with it... I don't think it is a Cinnabar, some odd coming and goings'). EXcellent, well done Martin. Thanks for sharing these with us.
g

Brian Rafferty said...

Martin. Very well done...you certainly seized the moment...Excellent.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your comments it certainly was a special moment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...